In 2009 I was asked to represent EUROMED Management Toulon at on PARK’s European Scout Network 2008-2009 program, held in Hamburg Germany. This involved supporting PARK and working with Tchibo AG in Hamburg, to conduct design management and research projects in order to generate new business and product concepts.
PARK’s ESN involves a cultural mix of Master’s students from design management programmes all around Europe.
- Domus Academy Milan (IT)
- Delft University of Technology (NL)
- Bergische Universität Wuppertal (DE)
- University of Art and Design Helsinki (FI)
- EUROMED Management Toulon (FR)
- School of Art & Design, University of Salford (UK)
- Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts (CH)
- Istituto Europeo di Design, Barcelona (ES)
- College of the Humanities and Journalism, Poznan (PL)
Tchibo is one of German’s biggest internationally operating consumer and retail companies. The coffee shop chain is renowned for changing its product range each week.
To generate new business and product concepts that best fit the target group of 50+. Research their usage and buying behavior and develop product corridors for Tchibo related to this target group.
- Conduct in-depth interviews with persons of 50+ in their local environment
- Develop target group personas and ‘day in the life of’- scenarios based upon the field research
- Define areas of needs
- Translate research into business & design concepts
- Translate business & design concepts into inspirational paths for innovation
“It was amazing how the PARK process facilitated the students in getting into our core challenges in such a short time.” Product manager, Tchibo
“It’s impossible to describe how useful the experience was. And it’s astonishing how three days can change your mind more than twelve months of study can – and how you can suddenly miss people you didn’t even know a few days ago. The whole thing was a bit like a shared dream.” Italian student
For more information about PARK advanced design management & the European Scout Network program: