Professional experience résumé
Innovation Expertise Lead & Senior Innovation Consultant at Board of Innovation BBVA
September 2016 – October 2020
Innovation Expertise Lead
- Responsible for developing internal consulting knowledge and strategic expertise across the organisation and working teams.
- A multi-functional role spanning content creation and innovation consulting. Authoring thought leadership expertise media, speaking internationally on innovation, design and business as well as building knowledge-based external partnerships with institutions and C-level leaders at global Fortune 500 organisations.
Senior Innovation Consultant
- Guiding corporate teams throughout the innovation process from initial strategy to problem, solution and market fit. Designing, developing and applying tools and methodologies across Design Thinking, Lean Startup, Business Model Innovation and Agile via hands-on facilitation of the entire innovation process through intrapreneurship in both B2C and B2B contexts.
- I help organisations and project teams to figure out what to do at the strategic level (and why) in order to create new growth strategies for new ventures, often times operating as internal startups to enable radical innovation outcomes, products and services that intentionally disrupting the core business to enable continued and sustainable growth.
- Selection of clients include: GE (USA), AB-Inbev, ING Banks, Logitech, ZF, Engie, Sumitomo, Valmet, Bpost… Industries spanning healthcare, telco, banking, heavy industry, consumer tech, FMCG, chemical, automotive, legal, energy and more.
International Keynote Speaker & Event Host
- Invited international guest speaker and event host on topics covering strategic innovation management, Design Thinking, Service Design, Lean Startup, facilitation of design sprints, co-creation, innovation accelerators, tools, methods and process best-practices guiding Fortune 500’s.
B2B Corporate Partnerships Expert
- Specialised in building industrial corporate partnerships by developing tailored made customer-centric tools methodologies grounded in Design Thinking, Lean Startup and Business Model Innovation specifically adapted to B2B intrapreneurialism. Clients span enterprise and industrial B2B from telco to heavy industry, chemical, energy, automotive, aeronautical and others.
- Developing innovation capabilities in B2B and B2B2C co-creation by designing innovation accelerators, authoring Playbooks, Toolboxes and Innovation Governance Models to support project teams in their daily project working.
- Depending on the client context, formats include: Co-creation Innovation Accelerators, B2B Design Sprints, Train-the-Trainer, Lean Startup Coach, Business Model Expert, Innovation Strategy and Process.
- Proud to have designed and executed B2B innovation programs for clients such as GE, Elia, ING Group, Bpost, Halton, Givaudan, SAPPI, Proximus, Stora Enso, Valmet, Engie and others.
Innovation Governance, Playbook & Toolkit Expert
- Responsible for building innovation capabilities by authoring and developing company wide bespoke playbooks and toolkits to support long term innovation programs for clients in both B2B and B2C.
- Outcomes are to support teams in creating sustainable and repeatable innovation processes, capabilities and business impact outcomes in their day to day working.
- Establishing organisational structures to support innovation transformation through oversight teams, training project teams throughout the innovation process, creating company-wide awareness, designing key innovation accounting KPI’s, reporting progress to innovation capability leads and c-suite.
Board of Advisors Member at Global Innovation Institute (GInI)
January 2020 – Present
- Selected Board of Advisor Member to provide innovation expertise and experience to GInI’s accreditation programs, membership and certification curriculums to shape and evolve GInI moving forward.
- The mission of GInI is to help businesses all over the world become persistently innovative. It does this by training and certifying their staffs in world-class innovation practices, and by helping their organizations implement world-class innovation governance methods tailored to their particular needs and situations.
Guest Editor Touchpoint: The Journal of Service Design (via Board of Innovation) at Service Design Network (SDN)
March – August 2019
- Touchpoint provides a window into the discussion of service design, facilitating a forum to debate, share and advance the field and its practices. In addition, it aims at engaging clients to listen in on the discussion, learn about the field, and become involved in the development and implementation of service design for their organisations.
- Three key audiences:
- Service design practitioners
- Client organisations including businesses, non-profits, and public sector/government
Design Thinking Transformation Co-lead (via Board of Innovation) at Proximus
February 2017 – September 2019
- Proximus is the leading telecommunications operator in Belgium, providing telephony, internet, television and network-based ICT services. The Proximus mission is to: ‘connect everyone and everything so people live better and work smarter’.
- By putting the customer at the heart of all offerings, Proximus aims to deliver innovation that gives customers the best experience possible. This ongoing strategy is built upon developing deeply-rooted Design Thinking capabilities and culture across the entire organisation by establishing a common language, toolset, academy and entire Design Thinking wing.
- Board of Innovation is the chosen long-term partner to lead the way in embedding a Design Thinking culture at the heart of Proximus. Enhancing customer empathy from the outset using ethnographic methods and tools to understand the right problems in order to rapidly-iterate the right solutions faster and more cost-effective.
Digital Innovation Strategist at TITAN REALITY (Soundisplay Ltd)
March 2013 – April 2016
- Successfully led strategy for multi-million pound invested technology startup developing real-time 3D sensing and gestural control hardware and software, prototype apps, demos, cloud content purchasing-delivery systems for multi-industry markets in music, robotics, automotive, VR, desktop computing, gaming, medical and lighting.
- DIGITAL PRODUCT MANAGEMENT: Led qualitative consumer research to gather insights, evaluate unmet needs to harness design context and culture meanings for disruptive tech. Critically analysed new functionalities and interactions whilst driving execution of new UI software features from research to production across design and technical teams.
- CROSS-DISCIPLINARY COLLABORATION: Effectively communicated in the right languages across visual design, software engineering and business development teams allowing seamless implementation of R&D efforts into prototype products and services.
- DIGITAL PRODUCT IMPLEMENTATION: Researched, developed and deployed UI/UX design interfaces, services, customer platform and experience ecosystem.15 prototype apps and cloud purchasing demos developed, establishing strategic partnerships with Abbey Road Studios, Universal Music Group and robotics firms resulting in future technology collaborations.
- Firm won £500k Innovate UK Government (formerly Technology Strategy Board) highest smart grant for the development of new sensing technologies in 2013/14.
Assistant Developer of International Masters Programmes at EUROMED Management / Kedge Business School
November 2009 – November 2010
- Assistant in developing and establishing new MA/MSc Degree Programmes in International Business, Design and Innovation with Universities in the USA, France, Vietnam, China and the United Kingdom.
- Development of course module documentation across all programmes, coordinating deliverables with Programme Directors, Professors, Course Leaders and Tutors in several countries.
- Programmes successfully implemented and undertaken by students in all selected countries.
European Scout Network (ESN) at PARK advanced design management
November 2008 – November 2009
- Selected to represent Ecole Internationale de Design (EUROMED Toulon / Kedge Business School) with nine other leading Design Management Universities for the European Scout Network 2008/09 run by PARK Advanced Design Management, working with Tchibo AG in Hamburg, Germany.
- Design research to discover unmet needs by conducting in-depth design management research and design thinking techniques through various methodologies such as observational interviews, user scenarios, laddering techniques, day-in-the-life profiling and concept prototyping.
- Strategic recommendations given for future digital technology planning and service implementation.
- 16 strategic design outcomes presented to design leaders and top management executives at Tchibo for shortlisting into final product concepts for the following sales periods and to create new business marketing segments for future product development concepts.
Contractor: UI/UX Design, Web Design & Development
February 2005 – November 2008
- Contractor and consultant leading the development of Web based projects for a broad range of clients designing user interfaces (UI design), user experience (UX design) Web design and development projects and design brand strategy to drive business growth in startups and SME’s.
- In-depth user-centered design research and requirements, wire-framing, prototyping to final implementation into database driven, client updatable content management systems (CMS’s).
- Successful projects derived from deep understanding of client business development goals (strategic) in the short and long term, with the deployment of appropriate digital technologies (tactical) to enable and support the overall business plan (operational).
- High profile collaborations with award winning branding agency ArthurSteenHorneAdamson (ASHA).
- Selected clients: The Big Cold Turkey Ltd, The Catalina Society, PressPlay Ltd, Kickstep Wellbeing, Fudge & The Frequency, The Stamp Bug Ltd, Momposina, Vicky O’Neon, Tennis Breaks Ltd, Wentworth & Ascott, Prestige Football League, Alpine Prints, Chance Street Studio.