Papers & Publications
Selection of written work
- Pinder, M. (2016) “External Hacker Communities and Industry-wide Innovation Sources: The Role of Disruptive, Autonomous End-users and Consumers On Internal R&D Teams Within Device Manufacturing Firms.” London: Self published. Retrieved from http://www.mikepinder.co.uk/2016/07/external-hacker-communities-industry-wide-innovation-sources-role-disruptive-autonomous-end-users-consumers-internal-rd-teams-within-device-manufacturing-firms.
- Pinder, M (2014). “Hackers and Innovation: Redefinition and Examination of Outla Sources of Generativity for Future Product Development Strategies.” London: Self published. Retrieved from http://hackerinnovation.mikepinder.co.uk.
- Contributor: Collins, H. (2010). “Creative Research: The Theory and Practice of Research for the Creative Industries (Required Reading Range).” Lausanne: AVA Publishing SA.
PhD Working Papers
- Pinder, M. (2011). “Robin Hood and His Merry Innovator’s: Integrating Outlaw Innovation from Unsanctioned External Sources to Firms in the Smartphone Market“. Imperial College London Business School PhD Programme.
- Pinder, M. (2010). “How will developments within digital technologies affect the Creative Industries?” accepted abstract/poster at Digital Futures – All Hands Meeting, July 15th 2010.
- Pinder, M., Collins H. (2010). “How will developments within digital technologies affect the Creative Industries?” paper accepted at The British Academy of Management (BAM 2010), Management Research in a Changing Climate, March 18th 2010.
- Pinder, M. (2009). “What impacts do new and future digital technologies have on the Creative Industries” submitted as part of MSc International Business & Management for Design, University of Salford / EUROMED Management / Ecole Internationale de Design.
- Pinder, M. Collins H. (2010) “How will developments within digital technologies affect the creative industries?” submitted to The Design Management Institute Review (DMI), February 2010.
- Pinder, M (2017). ‘Innovation Reality Check: Are You Building A Field of Dreams?’. Board of Innovation BVBA: https://www.boardofinnovation.com/blog/2017/01/31/innovation-reality-check-are-you-building-a-field-of-dreams, retrieved 31st January 2017.
- Pinder, M (2017). ’16 Cognitive Biases That Can Kill Your Decision Making’. Board of Innovation BVBA: https://www.boardofinnovation.com/blog/2017/08/02/16-cognitive-biases-that-kill-innovative-thinking, retrieved 2nd August 2017.
- Pinder, M (2018). ‘Effectively shifting gears between the different phases of the Innovation Pipeline’. Innovation Management SE: http://www.innovationmanagement.se/2018/08/21/effectively-shifting-gears-between-the-different-phases-of-the-innovation-pipeline, retrieved 21st August 2018.
Awards & Nominations
- Awarded EPSRC Fully Funded Doctoral Programme at Imperial College London Business School 2010.
- Nominated for Best Masters Thesis Award (MSc International Business & Management for Design), University of Salford 2009/2010.