Papers & Publications
Selection of written work & events
- Pinder, M (2019), ‘Service Design While “Innovating Like a Start-up” in Fortune 500’s, The Role of Service Design in Large Corporate Project Teams‘, forthcoming Touchpoint Journal of Service Design, 1st June, 2019.
- Pinder, M; Mucci, M (2019), ‘How to Assess Your Company’s Level of Innovation‘. Board of Innovation BVBA: https://www.boardofinnovation.com/blog/how-to-assess-your-companys-level-of-innovation. retrieved 25th March 2019.
- Pinder, M (2019), ‘B2B Co-creation: 50 Key Learnings and Insights‘. Board of Innovation BVBA: https://www.boardofinnovation.com/blog/b2b-co-creation-50-key-learnings-and-insights, retrieved 21st February 2019.
- Pinder, M; Keogh, J (2019), ‘Hiring Intrapreneurs: A Practical Guide with Examples‘. Board of Innovation BVBA: https://www.boardofinnovation.com/blog/hiring-intrapreneurs-practical-guide-with-examples, retrieved 15th January 2019.
- Pinder, M (2018), ‘Shifting Gears Between Design Thinking, Lean Startup and Agile‘. Board of Innovation BVBA: https://www.boardofinnovation.com/blog/shifting-gear-between-design-thinking-lean-startup-agile, retrieved 1st September 2018.
- Pinder, M (2018), ‘Effectively Shifting Gears Between the Different Phases of the Innovation Pipeline‘. Innovation Management SE: http://www.innovationmanagement.se/2018/08/21/effectively-shifting-gears-between-the-different-phases-of-the-innovation-pipeline, retrieved 21st August 2018.
- Pinder, M (2017), ‘16 Cognitive Biases That Can Kill Your Decision Making for Innovation‘. Board of Innovation BVBA: https://www.boardofinnovation.com/blog/2017/08/02/16-cognitive-biases-that-kill-innovative-thinking, retrieved 2nd August 2017.
- Pinder, M (2017), ‘Innovation Reality Check: Are You Building A Field of Dreams?‘. Board of Innovation BVBA: https://www.boardofinnovation.com/blog/2017/01/31/innovation-reality-check-are-you-building-a-field-of-dreams, retrieved 31st January 2017.
- Pinder, M (2019), ‘POLISHOPA 2019 Design Thinking & Service Design Conference‘, Invited Speaker, 3rd-6th June 2019, Bydgoszcz, Poland: https://polishopa.pl.
- Pinder, M (2019), ‘Nexxworks Kickstart Innovation Bootcamp Entrepreneur Edition‘, Invited Speaker, 14th-16th May 2019, Antwerp, Belgium: https://nexxworks.com/innovation-programs/kickstart-innovation-bootcamp-entrepreneur-edition
- Pinder, M (2018), ‘Creativity Award 2018‘, Event Host at Ferring International, June 2018, St Prex, Switzerland: https://www.ferring.com
- Pinder, M. (2019), Interview with Brigitte De Wolf-Cambier for EH21 (Repenser L’Entreprise Autour de l’Homme), 28 March 2019, p6-7 (in French).
- Valmet OY (2019), ‘Annual Review 2018 Progress in Operations and Sustainability: Innovation Pathways Program‘ Available at: https://www.valmet.com/globalassets/investors/reports–presentations/annual-reports/2018/valmet_vsk_2018_en_secured.pdf (Accessed February 28th, 2019)
- Pinder, M (2017), “Innovation Pathways Playbook & Toolbox.” Internal Valmet OY Publication.
- Pinder, M; Vanhoudt, A, (2017), “Design Thinking Playbook & Toolbox.” Internal Proximus Publication.
- Pinder, M (2014), “Hackers and Innovation: Redefinition and Examination of Outlaw Sources of Generativity for Future Product Development Strategies.” London: Self published. Retrieved from http://hackerinnovation.mikepinder.co.uk.
- Contributor: Collins, H. (2010), “Creative Research: The Theory and Practice of Research for the Creative Industries (Required Reading Range).” Lausanne: AVA Publishing SA.
- Pinder, M. (2016), “External Hacker Communities and Industry-wide Innovation Sources: The Role of Disruptive, Autonomous End-users and Consumers On Internal R&D Teams Within Device Manufacturing Firms.” London: Self published. Retrieved from http://www.mikepinder.co.uk/2016/07/external-hacker-communities-industry-wide-innovation-sources-role-disruptive-autonomous-end-users-consumers-internal-rd-teams-within-device-manufacturing-firms.
PhD Working Papers
- Pinder, M. (2011), “Robin Hood and His Merry Innovator’s: Integrating Outlaw Innovation from Unsanctioned External Sources to Firms in the Smartphone Market“. Imperial College London Business School PhD Programme.
- Pinder, M. (2010), “How will developments within digital technologies affect the Creative Industries?” accepted abstract/poster at Digital Futures – All Hands Meeting, July 15th 2010.
- Pinder, M., Collins H. (2010), “How will developments within digital technologies affect the Creative Industries?” paper accepted at The British Academy of Management (BAM 2010), Management Research in a Changing Climate, March 18th 2010.
- Pinder, M. Collins H. (2010), “How will developments within digital technologies affect the creative industries?” submitted to The Design Management Institute Review (DMI), February 2010.
- Pinder, M. (2009), “What impacts do new and future digital technologies have on the Creative Industries” submitted as part of MSc International Business & Management for Design, University of Salford / EUROMED Management / Ecole Internationale de Design.
Awards & Nominations
- Guest Editor: Touchpoint: The Journal of Service Design (Innovation and Startups), Vol 11, No.1 (2019).
- Awarded EPSRC Fully Funded Doctoral Programme at Imperial College London Business School, Innovation & Entrepreneurship Group (2010).
- Nominated for Best Masters Thesis Award (MSc International Business & Management for Design), University of Salford (2009).